What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters, (including your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, username, password, secret questions and answers and responses to any questionnaires you complete for us);
- information that you provide to us including and information used in relation to the purpose of purchasing, ordering and delivering goods purchased from this website.
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
- A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website.
- We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep data on shopping bag
- We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit; Identify you so we can present to you your personal data[such as registration and account details, purchase history, shopping bag, etc..]
- Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal data
- We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
- You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Security is probably one of the most significant concerns for both the shopper and the retailer during an online transaction. In reality an online transaction is probably more secure than a card transaction in a shop or conducted over the telephone or by fax, as the information transmitted online is highly encrypted using complicated logarithm combinations.